Penny Brohn UK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Penny Brohn UK of Chapel Pill Lane, Pill, Bristol, BS20 0HH.
Information we may collect from you
Penny Brohn UK may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the website www.pennybrohn.org.uk. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to Penny Brohn UK newsletters, e-bulletins or in relation to courses and services provided by Penny Brohn UK. Penny Brohn UK may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the website;
- any correspondence you send to Penny Brohn UK;
- details of any donations or job applications that you make;
- Penny Brohn UK may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to this website and the resources that you access;
Penny Brohn UK may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about Penny Brohn UK users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Penny Brohn UK may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently for visitors, and to provide information to the owners of the site. Some of the cookies we use are essential in order for parts of the website to operate.
In your web browser you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser’s settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser’s cache (history).
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Penny Brohn UK is stored on its secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Penny Brohn UK will do its best to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Penny Brohn UK have received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of information held
Penny Brohn UK uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Penny Brohn UK or which Penny Brohn UK feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet Penny Brohn UK costs in providing details of the information held about you.
Please note that any external third party websites which Penny Brohn UK may provide a link to will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.